ZOO408A Archives

March 2004

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Debra Bowles <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Debra Bowles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 15:20:27 -0500
Yesterday I heard my first "Chipper" and today it was under the feeder.
According to my records, they arrived:
2004 March 29
2003            24
2002            30
2001             ?
2000            27
1999            31
1998            29
1997            28
This is where those internal migrational bird-clocks become so fascinating:
would it not be fair to declare that Chipping Sparrow migration is
incredibly dependable?
Last year, I successfully rehabilitated one of the little guys so I have
this special place for them in my heart.
I wonder how far north in Ohio are the Ohio-birds listserve people seeing
them to date?
# # #
www.orgs.muohio.edu/AudubonMiamiValley
~ connecting via birds ~