ZOO408A Archives

April 2004

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"TUCKER, Casey" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TUCKER, Casey
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 10:20:45 -0400
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 8:45 PM
 Subject: Eared Grebe Still at Caesar Creek SP, 7:00 pm, 04/05/04

The Eared Grebe was still present this evening near the fishing pier for
handicapped, right near the Rt 73 bridge over the lake at 7:00 pm.  On
the way
to the beach, take the right turn before the beach parking lots and
continue
right.  Great light this evening to see the red-orange eye and the ear
tufts.
The bird is still hanging with Am. Coot and can be seen at close range,
and the
group moved north toward the new building as I watched. When I first
arrived at
about 5:30 pm. I could not find the Eared Grebe at this location or at
Furnas
Boat Ramp. So, I checked out other parts of the lake, and returned to
find the
grebe with the coot. Other birds on the lake: Double-crested Cormorant
20,
Common Loon 4, Pied-billed Grebe 1, Red-breasted Merganser 1, drake in
breeding
plumage.
Jay

Jay G. Lehman