CLEANACCESS Archives

August 2004

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Hague, Jeff" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 17:11:36 -0400
I have heard a vicious rumor that it might be possible to get the
Perfigo system to log user information to an external database of some
sort or to access the Perfigo database externally. It would be nice to
be able to capture data like username, MAC address and IP address to a
database that is searchable. Am I dreaming or is this possible?
FYI - once I finally got the last few bugs worked out (thanks - Atif,
Doug and the rest of Perfigo support!), the system has been running very
well. We have had a lot fewer calls than I expected. So far the only
"issue" we have found is that apparently some XP boxes don't get the
registry key that SmartEnforcer is looking for when you install SP1 - it
just cropped up on a few machines today so we haven't had a chance to
look too deep. Anyone else seen this?
Thanks!

Jeff Hague
MCSE