CLEANACCESS Archives

August 2004

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Joseph Haynes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 12:50:53 -0400
You have some of the same concersn we have. We decided to only give
Windows 95 computers guest access.When they connect they see a page
informing them of their access restrictions and recommending that they
upgrade to MAC OS X or XP. Although our main problem from Internet worms
was from XP and 2000 we decided that Windows 98/ME users should be
required to install AV and the critical updates from
windowsupdate.microsoft.com.

Joe Haynes
University of Mary Washintgon

I am working feverishly here on my Perfigo Setup.  I have everything
locked down for my Windows XP and 2000 users and I am just starting
into
my Windows 95, 98 and ME users.

Here is my question, is there any place where I can get a batch of all
the critical updates in one file for Windows 98 and ME?  I just don't
like the idea of opening up 128,000 ip addresses so my users can go to
Windows Update.  How are you guys handling it?  Should I even worry
about the patches?

Stuart Hilbert
Anderson University