FACULTYTALK Archives

September 2004

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Razook, Nim M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 2004 07:25:56 -0500
Having worked backwards through the messages, I came upon Liddel's.  That thoughtful ideas, barbs, admonitions and challenges follow does not diminish the power of his and Robert Prentice's conciliatory and wise words.  Two people with remarkably different views of the world elevate discourse over rancor and conciliation over conflict.

So Marianne has once again ruffled our feathers, publicly chastising our organization before another group.  Her bad!  Well, that's Marianne.  Let's remind ourselves that she is a top-flight JLSE editor, incredibly warm and engaging person, who's fire - if exhibited by someone who's views were more in line with many of our's - might be praised. Like Liddel, I'd HATE to lose her and believe her recent public statements are grounds for disagreement and no more.  Nim Razook