ATEG Archives

January 2005

From:
Brenda Grassey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 13:34:02 -0800
I couldn't agree MORE!!!!! The appreciation and
respect for Standard English (the language of the
world!) has faded, and the ball has totally been
dropped in the elementary and middle school. Kids are
not armed with basic language knowledge -- the
fundamentals, so they have a very weak foundation on
which to build their spoken and written standard
English language skills. We need to revive the
necessity for teaching and respect of Standard
English. We owe it to our kids.