FACULTYTALK Archives

March 2005

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:15:52 -0500
Just heard an interesting interview on CBC re the story Peter Pan (not
the other story about neverland etc etc). For those who don't know it
(and my apologies if this is something that all intellectual property
people are taught at their mother's knees), the royalties from the
original book go to Great Ormond St Children's Hospital. Copyright
expires relatively soon so the trustees have run a competition for a
follow up book. As I understood it --and I didn't catch the full story
-- provided the characters and theme continue on, this will extend the
copyright (maybe it only gives a new copyright for the new book).
Anyway, for the copyright gurus, maybe you would take over and explain
to the rest of us.

Sally