FACULTYTALK Archives

July 2005

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Susan Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:04:46 -0500
Roger Ebert wrote that Mamet seemed to be discussing the difference in
male and female points of view, or possibly just how differently the same
event may be perceived by different people.  I mention this because it may
be relevant to a discussion of legal issues in the play (witness
reliability, etc.)

Other cinematic ventures on that theme would include "What Happened Was.."
and Kurosawa's Rashomon, which tells the story of a rape from different
perspectives.

One of my favorites in the category of novels would be The Caine Mutiny.
The mutiny seems almost the only possible thing to do in the first part of
the book, but when you get to the trial...!