CLEANACCESS Archives

September 2005

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Simon Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 15:02:33 -0400
For our Up-to-date requirement, we use the AV checks and look for Symantec, McAfee, Trend or AVG. I got a call today from a student who just purchased McAfee (10.0.25) and is running the most current DAT yet CCA doesn't detect it. I had him look in the registry for the keys there were used in the pc_ checks and noticed that the HKLM\SOFTWARE\McAfee.com\Virusscan Online\SourceDisk string contains DatVer=4579 instead of DatVer=4.0.4579 as defined in the pc_ check.

Has anyone else experienced problems with this version of McAfee?

Thanks,

Simon

>>> [log in to unmask] 9/13/2005 9:17 AM >>>
We did create the rules using the "New AV Rule" method.

I received a few suggestions on and off list that I am going to try out.

Thanks to all who have responded so far.

Brian Beausoleil

Network Services

Southern CT State University

  _____