FACULTYTALK Archives

September 2005

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Zupanc, Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 15:41:20 -0500
The issues Roberts should be asked about are his ethics, his training,
his experience, his scholarship, and his temperament.  Views about
issues which may or may not come before the court are not helpful.  If
the question is so broad that it is an interrogation about ISSUES (not
CASES), you have to expect a broad answer.  I would answer the same way.
 I certainly would not discuss ANY memos I have written for a client,
nor would I expect any college graduate (much less a US Senator) to
associate my views with my client's positions.
Furthermore, isn't anyone disturbed about language taken out of context
(Sen Kennedy's question about the EEOC) and twisted to make it seem that
Roberts owns the language?
BTW, having Biden and Kennedy vote on someone else's ethical values is
laughable if it were not so tragic.

TZ