CLEANACCESS Archives

October 2005

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
John Truelove <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 2005 09:54:11 -0500
Not really but since the network is going to be down for a few minutes anyway, why not reboot the
servers (clean up memory, etc).  Our servers boot pretty quick.  I have the upgrade/reboot down to only a 2 minute network outage for the reslife network and wireless.  We run in Virtual Gateway mode.

John

John Truelove
Network Engineer - CCNP
Indiana State University
210 N 7th Street
Office of Information Technology
Rankin Hall Rm 054
Terre Haute, IN 47809
812-237-4921
>>> [log in to unmask] 10/27/05 9:31 AM >>>
I've seen no reason yet to reboot these boxes.  They've been up since
the start of school.  BTW: Is there any reason to reboot when you do an
upgrade?  We've moved from 3.5.0, 3.5.2, 3.5.3, 3.5.3.1, 3.5.5 all
without a reboot (just service perfigo stop, upgrade, service perfigo start)

# uptime
 10:20am  up 92 days, 19:06,  2 users,  load average: 1.20, 1.53, 1.58

Erik Ball - CCNA GSEC
Xavier University ISS Dept.
Network Engineer
(513) 745-1970 || Fax: 745-4329