FACULTYTALK Archives

October 2005

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Ginny Maurer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Oct 2005 22:13:17 -0400
Does anyone know the origin of this story/expression?

Today I heard a neuroscientist in our health center explain his research
and the commercialization process the university the university is using
for some biomarker he has developed.

Someone asked him how he allocates his time and energy and ideas between
the university and the start up.

He said, "It's very simple. The University owns my brain. I am like the
gorilla who explains himself by saying, "I think. Sometimes I sit and
think. Sometimes I just sit."

I loved that, and he did not attribute it. Anybody ever heard it? Don't you
feel that way sometimes when you're trying to launch a project? Doesn't it
describe certain parts of our work beautifully?

Ginny