FACULTYTALK Archives

October 2005

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dan Levin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 2005 00:34:41 -0500
Thanks to all who responded to my inquiry about giving open book
tests in undergrad Legal Environment courses.  This approach appears
to be fairly widespread and is used in conjunction with primarily
application type questions.  As I would predict, it apparently it
works best when the professor warns the students that the open book
format does not obviate the need for students to study before the
exam.

Your responses have been very helpful as I consider the best ways to
make improvements to my course.

Dan Levin
--
Daniel A. Levin, JD, MBA