ZOO408A Archives

October 2005

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Oct 2005 14:55:13 -0400
We ran some demonstration nets for the Ohio Bird Banding Association (OBBA)
on Sat at Shakertrace Wetlands [Miami Whitewater Park in Hamilton Co]. It
was fantastic!! In about 2.5 hours and with only 9 nets for most of it, we
banded 115 birds! The birds were primarily sparrow species--see up-coming
quiz! We did get a 29 Common Yellowthroats and 4 Palm Warblers along with 2
E. Phoebes. In addition we banded 3 (!) Nelsons Sharp-tailed Sparrows!!!!
I'm not sure how many have been seen in this area in the last century, but
it can't be more than a couple [I'll have to ask Mike B.]. I've enclosed
pictures of the Nelson's.
Cheers
Dave