CLEANACCESS Archives

November 2005

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Simon Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 17:11:37 -0500
I concur with Kurt's email regarding spyware. I usually ask our helpdesk
to test the agent in safemode w/ network to see what happens. In almost
every situation it works fine there and after letting some antispyware
tools loose on the machine, the problem goes away.

simon

>>> [log in to unmask] 11/15/2005 1:05 PM >>>
We are running 3.5.7 CAM/CAS with the latest agent of 3.5.9.
I have 5 students out of 3200 that are having problems with the new
agent.
The agent starts just fine but after the student has entered their
login
ID/password, the agent goes to 99% CPU utilization and will not
communicate
with the manager.  The agent process just hangs and stops responding.
No CCA scans, no network access.

All of these computers worked just fine with the 3.5.7 agent but after
upgrading they no longer work.  We have tried numerous times
uninstall/installing the agent, no luck.

Has anyone else seen problems with the 3.5.9 agent freezing up ?

We are running in Virtual gateway mode.  All computers are running
Windows
XP SP2.

Thanks

John Truelove
Network Engineer - Indiana State University