CLEANACCESS Archives

November 2005

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
John Truelove <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Nov 2005 11:18:44 -0500
I am having a problem with failover managers and servers.
Our current software version is 3.5.5.
We are running in virtual gateway mode with VLAN mapping.

Over the past month we have had 2 power outages that lasted for hours (it
was city wide).  When the power was restored, the CCA servers caused a
spanning-tree loop on those VLANs.  Both failover servers went active at the
same time.

I am running the heartbeat timer on eth0 which is the trusted interface.

Has anyone else had problems with failover working correctly ?
What interface are others running the heartbeat timer on ?

Also, the failover managers are causing me a problem right now.  The
secondary  server is active but the primary server has the service IP and
for some reason the secondary is not synched up with the primary (filter
list, rules, etc.).

Any suggestions or help from others would be appreciated.

Thanks

John Truelove
Indiana State University
Network Engineer