ZOO408A Archives

November 2005

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
William Buskirk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
William Buskirk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 06:29:35 -0500
A brief visit to Brookville Lake's Fairfield Causeway, Sagamore
Resort and Dunlapsville Causeway Wednesday afternoon produced large
numbers of ducks (composition very similar to the Lake Lemon flocks
the same afternoon) and a lot of gull activity - birds were up and
actively foraging in the brisk winds.  I had little time to carefully
work through them.  Highlights:

Common Loon 2
Horned Grebe 1
Double-crested Cormorant 8
Gadwall 3
American Black Duck 6
Mallard 300
Northern Shoveler 2
Redhead 2+
Ring-necked Duck 35+
Lesser Scaup 625+ (I think this is nearly 3 times the previous fall
high for Brookville Lake)
Anthya (sp) 100+
Bufflehead 5
Hooded Merganser 30
Ruddy Duck 21
FRANKLIN'S GULL 1 (first-cycle bird, actively foraging along the
Dunlapsville Causeway)
Bonaparte's Gull 1300+
Ring-billed Gull 750+

Bill Buskirk