CLEANACCESS Archives

February 2006

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Rajesh Nair (rajnair)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 2006 11:49:45 -0800
Cal,

The error message means that the CASs are unable to trust the CAM's
certificate for some reason.  This might be due to an inability to
validate the CAM's SSL certificate chain (ssl cert -> intermediate
(maybe more than one) -> root).

There are two possible solutions here:

1) Create a file which has the CAM's cert and intermediate certs in the
same file (i.e. just one after another) and import that into the CAM as
the CAM's certificate.  Then, what happens is that during the SSL
conversation, the CAM will hand the entire chain in one go to the CAS
and the CAS should be able to validate the CAM's cert.

2) The other option would be to import the CAM's certificate into the
CAS as a trusted root cert. This will cause the CASs to automatically
trust the CAM's cert.

HTH,
-Rajesh.