CLEANACCESS Archives

February 2006

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Ryan Dorman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 17:50:47 -0500
I"m gonna take a shot at this.. Rajesh tell me if I'm nuts....

If both are unchecked and there is a NAT router between the user and the CAS
the flow will work like this.

1.  User fires up PC, gets NAT'd IP
2.  NAT routers gets "external" IP from CAS
3.  User attempts to web out and is forced through authentication/remediate
4.  External IP of NAT and External MAC is added to the Certified Devices
list
5.  User #2 plugs into NAT router, gets NAT'd IP
6.  User #2 "piggy backs" on original users certified device entry and is
not required to authenticate or be remediated. To the CAS all the traffic is
coming from the original user.