FACULTYTALK Archives

February 2006

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Lee Reed <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 13:56:40 -0500
Contrast Richard's response to my little tale to what
happened to my friend Joe who retired in science ed from UGA
and now teaches at Nanyang Technological University in
Singapore. When at his first semester's end Joe gave two A's
in the class, the department head told him in no uncertain
terms to give one of the students a B, and when Joe
initially said it was too close to call, the dept head said
he would make the distinction if Joe didn't!