ALAS Archives

March 2006

ALAS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Susana Campos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2006 13:13:38 -0500
Hey ALAS here is the info from yesterday's meeting
There is A LOT of information:

* Those going to Chicago
we will leave from Shriver at 5 am on March 10th... please be there by 4
30 am.
we will be getting to Chicago by 10 am.
- we will be coming back  on sunday around 5 pm.
remember the halls will close on fri march 10th therefore anything you
might need for spring break, you should take home or take to Chicago
-Clothing: bussines casual for all the meals , take jeans (to go out and
stuff)
-take your resume, you might need it !!

--- Any volunteers to help Michelle Flood talk to some people for funding
for USHLC please email her (her email is on the ALAS website) you wouldnt
really need to do much just take some papers to some people Michelle would
give you ALL the information...

-----------------

* Relay for life on Fri March 31st, sign up ASAP.
it will be an 'all night camp out'.
make sure you raise some money !(specially during spreing break)

* International pot Luck
THIS THURSDAY! - at lower alexander 6 pm / food and lots of fun!!!
its a fund raiser for a Trip that will be made to Venezuela. by a
professor and some students of MU.
EVERYONE is invited to this event.

* ALAS Retreat
we will be talking about ALAS, what we are all about. what alas has done
in the past and what we would like to do in the future...
It will be a nice time to share with each other
 + Western Lodge 7 to 9 (or 10 ) pm on Friday April 7th

*Reminder : there will be NO locura this month (yes..sad WE KNOW !)
but wait for the next one on April 8th!!

*Red carpet Formal :
This saturday March 4th 7-10pm on Shriver's Heritage rm.
for members of alas the prices are $ 7 pero person and $ 10 per couple.
its a nice oportunity to dress up !! and have a night of FUN!!!!!!!!!!

* Global Village:
event by AISEC
Sunday april 23rd from 12- 6 pm
in this event there will be many tables with different foods information
and decoration from different parts of the world.
If  you would like to have a table to put up some things. please contact
us and well tell you who to go to.
if not..then just GO  and have fun !!

* Any volunteers for helping out with next year'sw UNIDIVERSITY festival
(fall semester 06) please attend to a meeting this thursday (aka tomorrow)
5 30 pm at MacMillan hall -rm 115 or one of those rooms in THAT hall on
the first floor-
 we need ideas, what you'd like to see or have.. anything will be useful
(IF you cant make it to the list serve please dont doubt about emailing us
any of those ideas)
this is the BIGGEST latin american festival on campus and we need to keep
it that way!! =)

* Start thinking,if you are interested in ALAS EXEC. election will be
coming up 'soon' so give it some thinking and let us know if you are
interested in running for any of the positions.

Have a nice rest of the week, hope to see you all in the next meeting.
Email us for more information on anything.
Thx  and Take care

                 Susana Campos.

Secretary of the Association
of Latin American Students (ALAS)

For upcomming events please visit www.muohio.edu/alas
    contact [log in to unmask] to post events