CLEANACCESS Archives

June 2006

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dennis Xu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2006 16:44:15 -0400
How do you implement CCA Nessus scan? Typically what kinds of plugins do
you enable for clients?

I tried some plugins and always end with “timeout” result. I have disabled
the firewall at client side. I thought I may need a SMB login account
configured on CCA. I did this through “Network Scanner” – “Scan Setup” –
 “Options” – “Login Configurations”. I configured “SMB login account”
and “SMB password”. Still no luck. I captured packets at client side
during the nessus scan, I found CCA always try the three default accounts
for SMB login:  null, administrator and a random name(nesssusxxxxxxxx). It
did not use the account I configured. What could be wrong?

Another problem is when I configured the vulnerability level to be “hole,
warn”, and when the scan result is “warn”, it still shows “no
vulnerability” to client and client is not put into quarantine role.

Thanks!

Dennis Xu

Network Analyst (CCS)

University of Guelph