ARCHIVES  August 2006, Week 3

ARCHIVES August 2006, Week 3

Re: JOB POSTING - Records Manager - Phila, PA

Joan Lowe <[log in to unmask]>

Joan Lowe <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 15 Aug 2006 10:18:49 -0400

Sorry folks..  this position is in Philadelphia, PA.  Send resumes and
inquiries to [log in to unmask]

>RECORDS MANAGER:
>
>ACE INA is the U.S.-based division of the ACE Group of Companies, which
>provides insurance and reinsurance for a diverse group of clients around
>the world. Through subsidiaries of the ACE Group of Companies, ACE INA
>offers a broad array of sophisticated property, casualty, accident and
>health, and financial products, and risk management services to corporate
>and consumer clients across the U.S.
>
>ACE is dedicated to recruiting and developing talented individuals with
>the knowledge, ability and desire for success.  With our strong capital
>base, financial stability, diversified earnings stream and multinational
>operating platform, we offer an excellent opportunity for your future
>growth and development.
>

>Essential Functions:
>
>Manage all aspects of maintaining and improving ACEˇ¦s U.S. Records
>Management program.   Has overall responsibility for coordinating proper
>retention, protection, and disposition of all official ACE records in
>compliance with operational needs; tax, legal, and regulatory
>requirements; and operational, vital and historical values.
>
>Responsibilities:
>
>„«	Direct U.S. records management initiatives ˇV either company-wide
>or within specific business units.
>
>„«	Collaborate with business units to address records management
>needs and design unique solutions on an as needed bases.  Needs may be
>identified by business unit or initiated by Records Management.  Develop
>creative, cost-effective, and efficient solutions to meet business needs.
>
>„«	Update Records Retention Schedules in response to changes in
>business needs or focus, organizational restructuring, and regulatory
>requirements.
>
>„«	Supervise, manage and develop Records Management staff.
>
>„«	Train ACE staff in Records Management policies and procedures
>including, but not limited to, sending and retrieving records from our
off-
>site storage vendor.  Trainings are conducted on-site and via
>teleconference.
>
>„«	Lead the Records Management Committee.
>
>„«	Manage off-site storage vendor relationship.  Work with vendor
>staff to ensure that ACE records are properly stored, indexed, retrieved,
>and returned and that said services are properly billed (working in
>conjunction with Purchasing Department) and in compliance with our
>contractual agreement.
>
>„«	Partner with business units and offsite storage vendor to
>facilitate compliance with the companyˇ¦s records management policies and
>procedures.  In particular, building partnerships through the
Departmental
>Records Coordinators.
>
>„«	Participate in vendor contract review and negotiation.
>
>„«	Aid staff in locating records in offsite storage facilities.
>
>„«	Work with Legal Department to update Records Management regulatory
>matrix.
>
>„«	Work with Legal and other business units to apply and lift ˇ§legal
>holdsˇ¨ on inactive records in response to judicial or regulatory
>directives.  Assist with Legal discovery requests.
>
>„«	Oversee and coordinate regular review and destruction of off-site
>records.
>
>„«	Participate in professional organizations to remain informed and
>proficient in rapidly changing Records Management best practices.
>Continually develop knowledge of company business and industry.
>
>„«	Coordinate with the ACE Corporate Archivist to identify and
>facilitate the transfer of archival records from active business units.
>
>Qualifications
>
>„«	Requires leadership, problem solving, interpersonal savvy,
>conflict management and business acumen competencies.
>„«	Must be self-directed and work well with little supervision.
>„«	Bachelorˇ¦s degree preferred.
>„«	Education and/or training in records management.
>„«	CRM (Certified Records Manager) desirable.
>„«	At least five years professional experience with some management
>or supervisory experience preferred.
>„«	Highly developed interpersonal, communication, writing, analytical
>& presentation skills.
>„«	Ability to lift 40 pounds.
>„«	Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
>
>ACE offers a competitive salary plus cash bonus, equity opportunities and
>comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision,
>a generous retirement savings plan with $1 per $1 company match,
>disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts,
>tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress.
>
>Sound like the right job for you? For consideration, please send your
>resume to [log in to unmask] .  If youˇ¦d like additional
information

Society of American Archivists, www.archivists.org.