OCCSA Archives

September 2006

OCCSA@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Rachael Delacruz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ohio Collegiate Computing Services Association (OCCSA)
Date:
Sun, 3 Sep 2006 21:54:11 -0060
These replicas have all the presence and poise of the originals after whome
they were designed at a fraction of the cost. The attention to detail is
paramount and they are comparable to the originals in every way.

+Replicated to the smallest detail
+98% A+ Accuracy
+Includes all Proper Markings
+Wide selection and fast worldwide shipping
+Authentic Weight
+True-to-original self winding and quartz mechanisms

We only sell premium watches, with 90% discount...

http://KHV8T.YTc0MjRiMTc4NzA2OTkxYzQwNWJmOGVk.performkkancereadyok.com

got to make it out of. * Robert Penn Warren
I mentioned earlier that I own an S270, so some of this review will involve a comparison between the two.   The first thing to mention is the silver exterior. It is brushed silver and a welcome change to the fingerprint magnet black on my S270.  Also, the notorious "battery wiggle" that has plagued the S series has been greatly diminished. It is still there, but not as bad as I've seen on the S380 or on my S270.  The unit also has a "latchless" LCD, typical to the S-series line. I have worked on other Sony Laptops, specifically the FS and A Series, and the latches have broken off. So I guess Sony opted to remove the problem all together and reinforce the screen hinges below. On the S550, the hinges feel solid. There is zero screen wobble and when you close the LCD the unit stays closed. On my S270 the unit has screen and hinges feel just as tight as the day I unpacked it so I have to rate the design a very solid.

Screen: 12.1" WXGA TFT LCD 1280 x 800 (Matte)
Sony S260 Specs as received:

     "The Pilman Radiant  is simplicity itself. Imagine that you spin a huge
The D420 comes standard with a 12.1" WXGA wide-aspect display with a resolution of 1280x800. While some may still prefer a standard-aspect display, widescreen offers better multimedia uses as well as reduced physical dimensions. In terms of the screen's resolution, certain individuals (myself included) may find that the on-screen text may be too small at times, but once again this is a necessary tradeoff for improved portability. My best suggestion is to look at other 12.1" models at a local store to determine if the screen is suitable for your particular needs.