CLEANACCESS Archives

October 2006

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Greg Schaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2006 20:53:55 -0500
>The installation of a program like CCA client agent that has unfettered
>access to my personal property is an invasion of privacy. That has nothing
>to do with copyright violations, on the contrary. I may have source code on
>my laptop that I am not allowed to disclose to anybody, do to intellectual
>property rights. Some people work off-campus, and develop expensive

OK, I'll bite.  Please explain how CCA compromises information on a machine,
specifically how it has unfettered access to your personal property.

>May I suggest getting off your high horse for a change?

A change?  One email and suddenly we have a history of banter?  I ride
English, not Western, and the horse I ride isn't too high, about 14.3 hands,
FWIW.  But that's not important right now.

>You may be dealing with undergrads most of the time, but you need to realize
>that graduate students are different. I have 15 years experience in
industry...

And I have 16, not counting my experiences as a student (undergrad and grad).
But like the horse topic, that's not really relevant here.  I would like to
know how any NAC agent compromises someone's data though.

Thanks,
Greg

Greg Schaffer
Director of Network Services