CLEANACCESS Archives

October 2006

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Bob Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2006 14:46:36 -0400
Hello all,

Just letting you know that I have taken note of recent threads debating the
validity and more abstract issues surrounding a solution like Clean Access.
As a de facto moderator of this forum, I will take the opportunity to
emphasize that the purpose of this forum is for Administrators of this
solution to discuss issues or questions regarding their implementation. it
is also acceptable for those who are considering a Clean Access deployment
ask questions about the issues/successes/failures that others have faced in
their institutions.

Having said that, I'm not one to stifle open discussion. I have bitten my
tongue more than once on a few comments lately. I do not have adequate
resource to make this a fully moderated listserv. I can only ask for those
who do not wish for off-topic discussion to dominate the list, leave the
bait alone. I believe this forum has served as a useful resource to many and
I would hate to see it degenerate into a forum for flame bait. If that
becomes the standard, this listserv will cease to serve any purpose useful
to me and the community I strive to help.

-Bob Black
Miami University