FACULTYTALK Archives

October 2006

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Donna J Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2006 19:06:56 -0400
Dawn:

I have one, but it may require more time for planning than you have.  I
take constitutional issues in the news (and there are plenty), and ask
students to evaluate them.  they are to say which part of the
constitution is at issue, analyze it, and say how they would decide if
they were the court.  When I do this, it is a team exercise.  They may
have a majority and minority position if the team cannot agree.

If you can get laptops into the classroom, and they can research news
sites online, they may be able to do it, but it's probably a stretch.

An alternative would be if you have news items representing
constitutional issues.  You may be able to gather such items in not
much time. Good luck!

Donna

Swink, Dawn R. wrote:

>Hello Everyone!
>

>I have a grad BLAW class tonight at 6 but have lost my voice.  If
anyone has
>any small group constitutional law exercises that they would be willing
>share, this could abbreviate the lecture and still make it worthwhile.
 I'm