ALAS Archives

November 2006

ALAS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Cara Maldonado <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2006 17:17:53 -0500
ALAS
Minutes
October 30, 2006

I.        Presentation
a.        Luis Midenze
i.        Needs to people to represent ALAS and the Latino community and
speak
about problems that we face on campus.
ii.        2 members of alas are needed to join this committee, they will
be meeting and working directly with the provh. Of MU
iii.        It’s a great thing to have on your resume and an outstanding
way of
getting involved.
iv.        Please email SASA or LUIS if you are interested the first
meeting will
be after Thanksgiving break!

II.        USHLI
The group that went to the conference this past weekend shared the
experience!
a.        Speakers , and workshops
i.        Focused on unity, Affi.rmative action which is under attack and
how important it is to READ!
ii.        Get involved and give back.

III.        Locura
a.        This Friday November 3, 2006
i.        Brodie’s @ 10-2a.m. BRING A FRIEND!! Tell everyone about it!!
Lets make
it big!

IV.        Shirts
a.        $10.00
b.        There will be order forms in ELOIZA’s Office (in the CBCL by the
computer room) please fill those. We will be taking the money for those
until NEXT WEEK by WEDNESDAY.

V.        Sigma Lambda Beta Week
a.        Next Week (November 6th-10th)
b.        The brothers will be sending more information about it, soon.
It’s a
frat but the events are opened to everyone. Lets support them as they
support us!

VI.        Pre-Locura
a.        November 3, 2006
b.        7p.m.-10p.m.
c.        Brandon Hall

VII.        Movie
a.        Real Women Have Hips
b.        Next Monday at 7:00pm in Warfield
c.        BRING friends and food (we could order food while we watch the
movie,
it all depends on us

VIII.        Basketball Game
a.        We have been invited to The Pre-Party

***Also if there is anyone who would like to participate in fashion show
with Abundant life Campus Ministries please let me (Cara Maldonado) know
immediately! I already have two volunteers and am serching for one
possibly two more if interested! (614)657-6676 or Campus phone
(513)529-6770

For information and upcomming events please visit www.muohio.edu/alas