ALAS Archives

November 2006

ALAS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Susana Campos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2006 20:04:22 -0500
ALAS,
HOW WAS THE WEEKEND??? locura was great so I hope that sat the mood for
the rest of the weekend

I just wanted to remind you that TOMORROW 11/6 we are watching
REAL WOMEN HAVE CURVES
7pm in Warfield's Basement

I Hope to see you ALL there!!!!
(and bring friends, they are ALWAYS welcome ;) )

Also wanted to reming you that the deadline to order shirts is this week.
Either contact me or eddie, or stop by ELOIZA DOMINGO-SNYDER's office( its
in the computer room in the CBCL-in warfield) if you have any questions
please email or call us.

This is SLB week- Contact Leo or Javi for more info.

ILL SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW

PS: I wanted to add a little review of the movie:

REAL WOMEN HAVE CURVES
Directed by Patricia Cardozo.2002

 TRAILER:   http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0296166/trailers

Plot Summary FROM IMDB.COM

"This is the story of Ana, a first generation Mexican-American teenager on
the verge of becoming a woman. She lives in the predominately Latino
community of East Los Angeles. Freshly graduated from high school, Ana
receives a full scholarship to Columbia University. Her very traditional,
old-world parents feel that now is the time for Ana to help provide for
the family, not the time for college. Torn between her mainstream
ambitions and her cultural heritage she agrees to work with her mother at
her sister's downtown LA sewing factory. Over the summer she learns to
admire the hardworking team of women who teach her solidarity and
teamwork. Still at odds with what her mother expects of her, Ana realizes
that leaving home to continue her education is essential to finding her
place proudly in the world as an American and Chicana."

Susana Campos.
Miami U. Class 2009
President of the Association
of Latin and American Students (ALAS)