CLEANACCESS Archives

November 2006

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dave Scarfe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2006 15:58:42 -0600
Many support units in my organization are using slipstream to build
installation media/images for windows XP.  Essentially the process
involves rolling hotfixes and service packs into the setup files so that
a built machine is patched up to a certain point at install time.

This is a very handy process that is supported by Microsoft.  A problem
occurs when using the process with Clean Access because slipstreamed
hotfixes aren't added to the registry.  I cannot use Cisco-supplied
checks because of this problem.  A feature request has been submitted to
Cisco to add the required support for slipstreamed machines so that we
can use the Cisco-supplied checks.

Is there anyone else out there who is/has experienced this problem?  If
so, I would be curious to hear what you have done as a work-around.

Thanks,
Dave

--
Dave Scarfe