FACULTYTALK Archives

November 2006

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Rosemary Hartigan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2006 09:30:10 -0500
MHO

1.  I think this list serve is quite civil and I haven't been offended by any of the comments I've read.  I think I am quite capable of deciding for myself what I want to read or not read.  If I am offended, I feel free to so state.

2. I enjoy the exchange of ideas on the listserve including political. I'm probably biased but I've always found people with legal backgrounds to be better than most others at being able to "argue" in a civil manner without taking everything too personally.

3. I am very opposed to Bush, the war in Iraq and just about all of his policies.  However, I think Kerry made a very stupid statement and should not try to tell jokes.  I could see why some people would be offended by what he said.  It reflects a certain type of snobbery that I find obnoxious and very unDemocratic.  As one of the late show hosts said, Kerry can lose an election when he's not even running.

4.  The poster from the soldiers in "Irak" is a great comeback.  These guys do know how to tell a joke!  I hope they can come home soon.

Cheers.

Rosemary Hartigan, J.D.
Professor and Director, Business and Executive Programs
Graduate School of Management and Technology
University of Maryland University College