ALAS Archives

January 2007

ALAS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Stephanie Brock <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2007 07:03:22 -0500
Hey guys, here are the minutes for Monday, January 22!

Publicity Team:
 Veronica Sorensen
 Francis Morales
 Tim Struve
 Sara Reder
    PLEASE JOIN its not too much work, we will be meeting next monday at
the CBCL - same place as the meetings- 7pm in order to give the flyers
out and figure out who is taking care of which buildings!!

Volunteers for Megafafir, SAT 1/27th at Shriver MPR. 3-5 pm
  Stephanie Brock    -when needed
  Veronica Hutzil    -4 to 5 pm
  Ryan Cook          -stop by
  Carmen Esparza     -stop by
    * we could still use some people from 3-4 pm ;)

Community Service:
   Katy Martinez
   Stephanie Brock
   Cristina Gonzalez
   Javier Marquez
   Ian Baggette
   Travis Calvo _
   Tim Struve _
   Veronica Hutzil
   Sara Reder
   Ryan Cook
   Carmen Esparza
      IF YOU WISH TO BE ADDED TO THIS LIST PLEASE LET EXEC KNOW. More
people = bigger difference made in the community !

WE HAVE NEW EXEC MEMBERS:
Stephanie Brock: Secretary
Francis Morales : External Relations
Ryan Cook: Web Master

Thank you guys for stepping up!! it will be a good experience. You will be
contacted to talk about exec meetings. =)

-The MLK march although cold and rainy was very successful.

-Contact me if you still haven't gotten your shirt

-Community Service Opportunities--People at the retreat sounded like they
were really interested... just be serious, committ, and take initiative!
Let us know if you want to get involved!

-Mega Fair is this Saturday, January 27 from 3-5p.m. Come if you can, you
don't have to stay the entire time.  wear your shirts :)

-the in-between mondays:  What should we do?  movies, mix things up, let
us know if you have any ideas!

-USHLI Conference:  During Spring Break March 16, 17, & 18 but if you're
interested you'd have to come back to Oxford March 15.  There will be a
place to put your things so don't worry!  The conference is worth going
to!  It's in Chicago at the Sheraton Hotel.  Great way to meet people :)
We'll need to know if you're interested by the next General Body Meeting
which is February 5.

-Locura:  February 2.  If you're interested in helping with publicity come
to Warfield January 29 at 7pm for a quick meeting with Javi.  (Also at
that meeting will be info about Carnival)

-Every Wednesday:  Conversacion y Cafe at King Library. 3pm

-Fusion:  (Kind of like Carnival but put on by the Asian American
Association) Held at Hall Auditorium Saturday, February 3rd.  2-5.
Tickets sold at the box office $3 or $5 if you want dinner afterwards at
Lower Alexander.

-LeaderShape:  Held August 7-12.  Training in Leadership held in Loveland,
Ohio.  The deadline is in the next two weeks. See Sasa for more
information.

-There is a new organization for Women :)  It's called LYLAS.  It is an
organization for women of color.  Hopefully we'll be able to work with
them in the future.  Definitely let us know if you're interested.  Talk to
Cristina or Katy for more info!

-Relay for Life:  Fundraiser for Cancer Research.  Most likely be in late
March or early April.  Basically you have a team (and hopefully a theme)
and one person from the team (not necessarily the same person) walking
around the track all night long.  We'll be talking about it more the next
meeting!

-Also, we're thinking of haveing a party for Valentine's Day but we would
be doing it on February 16 (Friday).  Most likely with other groups.

Next General Body meeting is February 5th!

I hope you all have a wonderful week and hope to see everyone at Locura!!

<3 Stephanie

For information and upcomming events please visit www.muohio.edu/alas