CLEANACCESS Archives

February 2007

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Michael Grinnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 11:23:43 -0500
Max,

Here are screencaps of the rules and checks that we use to ensure
that Autoupdates is set to autoinstall.  You can contact me off list
if you have specific questions.

Michael Grinnell Network Security Administrator The American University On Feb 28, 2007, at 4:00 AM, Caines, Max wrote: > Hi Jackie > > I'm not trying to launch an update; I just want to configure Automatic > Updates to something other than "off". Something that requires the > user > to click a specific button is not a lot of help. > > It's not a privilege issue: I was running as local administrator. > > I think the real problem may be the "pc_AutoUpdateCheck". I assumed > that > it would check the Automatic Updates settings. In fact it just checks > that the Automatic Updates service is running, which doesn't mean the > system is set to _do_ any updates. So presumably the setting you > configure in the requirement is only applied if the service isn't > running. > > I guess my only option is to set "Permanently override" and force the > setting I want > > Regards > > Max > >> -----Original Message----- >> From: Cisco Clean Access Users and Administrators >> [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jackie >> Cheng (jaccheng) >> Sent: 27 February 2007 18:36 >> To: [log in to unmask] >> Subject: Re: [CLEANACCESS] Windows Update requirement >> >> Hi Max, >> >> Did you click the "Launch" button when you are at the >> requirement panel? >> You have to click on it to launch the windows update, if you >> only click >> on "Next", nothing will happen. >> >> The other potential cause is that the user does not have enough >> privilege to start the windows update service and change the setting. >> You can try this by manually change the setting. >> >> HTH, >> --Jackie