OHIOAIR Archives

February 2007

OHIOAIR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"S. Hoagland" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ohio Association for Institutional Research (Ohio AIR)
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2007 11:27:08 -0800
Hi, Diane-

Rest assured--no such implication.  Way too many
qualifiers and ambiquities to make that stretch.
There may be some room for inference based on job
announcement patterns when compared against review
cycles and reaffirmation outcomes.

Steve

http://www.ncahlc.org/index.php?institution=&state=OH&submit=Search&form_submitted=TRUE&option=com_directory&showquery=
> or http://www.chea.org/search/search.asp.
>
> I am uncertain about your recent experiences, but
> some
> recruiters and search committees with which I had
> recent interactions seem baffled by the question
> "What
> commitment does your institution have toward
> institutional research, strategic and effectiveness
> planning, etc.?"
>
> Those answers of late seem to indicate a commitment
> the cycle referenced above.  By the way, exercise
> caution when reviewing current and future employment
> opportunities even those posted on the AIR website.
> IMHO, there are some institutions around that are
> always looking for a few good what might be called
> "accreditation prostitutes" for the lack of a better
> phrase.
>
> Is there any interest in such a topic?  If so, do
> you
> know anyone who could effectively speak to the
> topic?
> As a plausible research project, it would be
> difficult
> to obtain informed consent from the research
> subjects.
>
> Thank for your attention and consideration!
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Steve Hoagland

> Never miss an email again!
> Yahoo! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail
> arrives.

It's here! Your new message!