GSCA Archives

April 2007

GSCA@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Ariel Washington <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Graduate Students of Color Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2007 14:07:53 -0400
Subject: Discussion of Miami's Recruitment Publications(African American
Viewpoint) From:    [log in to unmask]
Date:    Mon, April 9, 2007 1:53 pm
To:      [log in to unmask]

Hello

I am a representative of Miami's Marketing Communications office. We
produce  student recruitment publications for the Admission Office. I am
planning a  conversation with African American students to help me do a
better job of  representing your experience at Miami in our general
recruitment publications.

I would value your participation in this discussion. For the first-year
students, the college selection process is fresh in your mind. For the
advanced  students, you have years of college experience to share. I hope
you'll join me  and encourage friends to come along.

My office also produces recruitment publications targeted to multicultural
 students, but I want to focus on the general publications in this
discussion. If  students are willing, we can follow up with a second
discussion about these  targeted publications.

WHAT: a discussion and analysis of Miami's general recruitment
publications from  African American student viewpoints

WHEN: Wednesday, April 11 from 4 pm to 5 pm

WHERE: Center for Black Culture and Learning, room 29 Kreger Hall

WHY: give a more accurate representation of the student experience to
potential  students

Please send me an e-mail to let me know if you will attend. I'll send you
our  main recruiting publications in advance of our meeting.

And feel free to contact me with questions or suggestions.

Thanks so much!
Tracy

Tracy Chappelow
Associate Director