ZOO408A Archives

April 2007

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Mike Busam <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Busam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2007 16:32:17 -0400
Greetings... Bob Lacker, Charlie Saunders and I visited a couple spots
along the West Chester "conservation corridor" as it's sometimes
called. It was a bit slow, but we saw two Greater Yellowlegs and a
Lesser Yellowlegs. There was a Yellow-throated Warbler singing in
Ellis Lake. Despite seemingly suitable habitat throughout the West
Chester/Port Union to Gilmore Ponds corridor, it's hard to find
Yellow-throated Warblers in this area. There aren't many records of
the species from this stretch of the Mill Creek/Miami-Erie Canal
corridor. I've always wondered why that is.

Miami University announced its plans for its VOA campus last Thursday.
Details are here: http://www.muohio.edu/voalc/

I like that the area currently cluttered up by a tree grove will be
called "The Great Lawn."

Take care,
---Mike Busam
West Chester, OH