RESCOMP Archives

May 2007

RESCOMP@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
jaime combariza <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Research Computing Support <[log in to unmask]>, jaime combariza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2007 14:13:17 -0400
Hi.

We are having the following problem with Ibrix:

1 - We assign 10 Gbytes allocation per user

2 - For those users that need a large allocation we use an exceptions
file to modify
the default allocation. This seems to be working, but

3 - i have given a user a 1.2 terabyte allocation.

3.1 is there an Ibrix command to find out this user's "quota", allocated, used?

3.2 It seems that when the user has about 350Gbytes (size of
allfiles), the I/o system begins to misbehave.
Some jobs abort because of lack of space. Subsequently, we were able
to create additional
files, some times the system allowed us to save them and some times
it reported an out of quota
error.

We have 5 TB storage, 2 segment servers.

4  - is there a limit (Ibrix) for the size of an allocation? number of files?

5 - I had a similar case a few months ago at about the same size.
This was basically a one file case.

If Ibrix needs to  connect to the cluster, pls send mail to the
rescomp email (copied here) and someone
will be able to talk to someone.

Thanks

_______