CLEANACCESS Archives

June 2007

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Curt McDaniel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2007 15:34:14 -0400
When computers are logging onto our network, we do not allow them to go
back out to the Internet to update Symantec Anti-Virus definitions. If the
computer has outdated definitions, the CAA is only able to launch the
Symantec LiveUpdate Client on the local machine. Is there a way to change
the LiveUpdate client or the CAA to point to a local server on our domain
to get the current definition file? I have been unable to find a way to
change the CAA, and my Symantec administrator has not found an easy way to
get the LU Client pointing to our remediation server. Thanks for any
assistance.

Curt