CLEANACCESS Archives

October 2007

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"King, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2007 11:53:38 -0400
Well... yes and no.

No website is truly 100% hosted on Akamai.  Meida Content is hosted on
Akamai, where Textual content is still hosted on the original companies
servers.

For example, Yahoo.
 Yahoo serves the textual content, but all the images on the page load
from an akamai cache farm.  (Look at the page source)

As for Akamai servers, good luck.  They're in lots of data centers.
Heck, we have one locally.  You'd be better off just doing a
*.akamai.net. I have no idea if that would work.

Here's my example for Yahoo.

The masthead logo for yahoo is
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/ww/beta/y3.gif

us.i1.yimg.com is an alais of:
a943.g.akamai.net

which resolves to a local akamai cache server.  For me that is:
208.59.215.35

(This address is 3 hops from my border router)