FACULTYTALK Archives

December 2007

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Robert Bird <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2007 20:08:21 -0500
Hello everyone,

I am searching for information on firm startups.  This is a longshot, but does anyone know how I could obtain data on how many new companies form in given state, broken down by industry and categorized by year?

I am also looking for unemployment rates and labor force size data -- both broken down by state and both before 1976.

"I'm dreeeeaming ... of a data filled Christmas...."

Thanks!

Robert

Robert C. Bird
Assistant Professor
University of Connecticut
View my research on my SSRN Author page:
http://ssrn.com/author=56987 <http://ssrn.com/author=56987>
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51733/*http:/mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ%20>