FACULTYTALK Archives

March 2008

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Gale, Jeffrey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2008 22:59:41 -0700
Hi, John--

This committee is redoing both the undergrad and MBA programs. Given our  mission, there has not really been any talk of removing business law from the undergrad curriculum. At the MBA level, we have looked at the top 20-25 (both the full time and part-time lists--both US News and Business Week--since we are a part-time program), at other Southern California schools, and at the other Jesuit schools and Notre Dame. We could see the general trend, of course. In our MBA, there has not been a required ethics component and we have been struggling to find a way to get it in. That is why the probably carving out of the time from the current 3 unit law class. There remains a constituency to keep law in there as well. There is also some overlap between the law and ethics-oriented faculty which will likely play out here. Still a work in progress at this point.

Good luck with your efforts.

Jeff