CLEANACCESS Archives

July 2008

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Nathaniel Austin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jul 2008 08:21:17 -0400
Hey Chad,

Yes we are talking about the same thing.

It's really up to you if you want to disable CSRF or not. Here is an
entry describing these types of attacks:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-site_request_forgery

So if your CAM is on the internet and people can reach it, probably not
a good idea to turn it off. But if its on an internal protected subnet,
and you have other safeguards in place, and cannot live with the 15-20
seconds that it takes that page to load, then you can turn it off (this
feature was added in 4.1.3 so it wasn't on before then anyways).

Nate