CLEANACCESS Archives

October 2008

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"SHIH, WENDY" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2008 14:56:50 -0400
More information.  I found the same issue happened to a user in a different CAS today.  The log showed she was kicked out early moring during the routine weekly re-authentication.  Then she can't get back on and got 12029 error.  Today, I decided rather than rebooting CAS.   I removed the IP from dhcp.  When she got a brand new IP, then she was able to get on fine now.   So, I assume the CAS db must be somewhat confused and that maybe why it worked in different CAS and also after we reboot the CAS.   Any suggestions besides reinstalling the software?  It only happens to couple users a week out of 4-5K.
The timer setting is to kick the oldest 1000 users per day and the user minimum certifcation age is 7 days.  Thanks.