SCHPSYCH Archives

October 2008

SCHPSYCH@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Raymond Witte <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Raymond Witte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 2008 15:51:16 -0400
Dear Students,

The upcoming Ohio School Psychologist Association Fall Conference 2008
(November 6 & 7) in Columbus at the Crowne Plaza Hotel (6500 Doubletree
Ave. 614-885-1885) will be the "required" conference for the first and
second year students to attend. For the interns, please contact me
directly about NASP and your ability to go to Boston. Given the
significant finances, logistical issues, and limited proposals or
presentations, the trip to Boston appears to be out of reach for most of
us this year. In addition, with the NCATE team visit it will be important
for the faculty and students to be focused and prepared for this visit.
More importantly, the OSPA conference has two excellent speakers this year
(Judy Elliott & Jack Fletcher) and the opportunity to meet and network
with educators and school psychologists throughout the state is
invaluable.

I am happy to inform all of you that each student will receive $125 from
the department and approximately $20-40 from the Dean's Office. The
possibility of support from the Graduate School exists but nothing
specific has been determined at this time. Hopefully, some support can be
obtained from the Graduate School.

Please stop by and see Ginny to confirm that you are attending the
conference. She needs to have verbal confirmation that you will be going.
Department reimbursement procedures are being developed and specific
guidelines will be provided for you to follow. When they are available
they will be sent to you along with any necessary forms. There is an early
registration deadline of October 15 and we are trying to find out if we
can register all of you as a single group. We have a call into OSPA and
hope to have an answer later this week.

Please mark your calendar, start making plans and get prepared to have a
productive, professional experience at OSPA.