FACULTYTALK Archives

February 2009

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Robert D. Sprague" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 2009 06:09:10 -0700
Offhand, it sounds very similar to college students who post stupid
pictures on their Facebook pages and then are shocked!, shocked! that
their parents, prospective employers, university officials, etc. see
them.  By the way, I hear local police officials want to talk with the
students who were with swimmer Phelps when his picture was taken; so
what was the student who took the picture and posted it on the Internet
thinking?  I guess that question answers itself--the student wasn't
thinking, just like the Representative.  Does this mean some (many?) of
the people who make our laws have the same cognitive abilities as many
(most?) of our college students?

In fairness, it's not just college students and U.S. Representatives:
http://chronicle.com/free/v55/i22/22a00104.htm

Just some early morning thoughts . . . Happy Friday the 13th!

Bob @ UWyo