CLEANACCESS Archives

July 2009

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Steve McIntosh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 2009 09:46:30 -0400
We are currently in the planning stages and have priced out L3 OOB for 88
sites.  However, each site has approx 20-30 3Com access switches.  We are
being told that we have to replace each 3Com switch with a cisco 2900 series
switch, which will blow the project cost out of the water.  Has anyone on
this listserve had any luck with implementing cisco nac with non-cisco
switches?  It seems that the access switch would only need to support vlans
and snmp.  Any info would be great!