FACULTYTALK Archives

November 2009

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Linda Christiansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 2009 13:13:01 -0500
Thanks for all of your input.  I teach ethics at the graduate level
and realize that it is not easily assessed in any kind of exam -
simple or not!

I am not involved in the undergraduate curriculum development, so I
checked with the chair of the committee for the reasoning for this
request.  No undergraduate ethics course is offered at our school;
ethics is supposed to be integrated throughout the curriculum.  The
committee wants a tool to assess ethics at the undergraduate level to
relieve that duty from faculty in another required courses in which it
is currently assessed.

My initial reaction was that this might not exist, so I thought if it
exists someone in ALSB would know about it.

Thanks,
Linda