FACULTYTALK Archives

November 2009

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Levin, Murray S" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 2009 14:01:09 -0600
My class size is between 200 and 300 students. The class is structured so that 5 or 6 law students are employed (15 hours per week) to assist with grading, holding office hours, and leading once a week discussion section classes (size capped at 25). Large lecture class meets 2 hours per week. The discussion sections are highly structured focusing on exercises and problems prepared by me. There are four graded papers/assignments, three exams including multiple choice and essay questions, and several quizzes.

I'm committed to keeping students active and writing, and this requires substantial resources to assist with grading.

Murray Levin

Murray S. Levin
Professor
School of Business