CLEANACCESS Archives

January 2010

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Branden Kirk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 2010 17:22:20 -0500
There is a NAC API section in the configuration guide that is helpful in creating your own self-
service page.  Right now I have about 6 blu-ray players and our semester hasn’t started yet.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/nac/appliance/configuration_guide/418/cam/m_apia
px.html

This was also posted a while back on this list.

-Branden

On 5/15/08 5:36 PM, "Lanstein, Alex C" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi Jonathan,

Sorry I don't check this list very often anymore as I'm not directly involved in CCA admining/using
anymore.
>>>Does anyone have a recent example of a game console registration page we could modify for
our environment?

Looks like my cca example code is still up at:
http://oak.conncoll.edu/~aclan/public/code_samples/cca/

All you need is that xbox.tar.  It doesnt use any external libraries or anything like that... just PHP

Looking through that code, I know Cisco changed the API at some point to require that you send
the parameters in the body of the POST rather than in the url string, so you'll need to modify that
part to be something like this:
    $header = "POST $file HTTP/1.0\r\n";
    $header .= "Host: $cam_hostname\r\n";
    $header .= "Content-type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded\r\n";
    $header .= "Content-length: " . strlen($data) . "\r\n";
    $header .= "Accept: */*\r\n";
    $header .= "\r\n";
    $header .= "$data\r\n";
    $header .= "Connection: close\r\n\r\n";

Looks like I have it fixed in one of my other examples:
http://oak.conncoll.edu/~aclan/public/code_samples/cam_functions.phps

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Also, if anyone is feeling incredibly guilty about using and of my code for the past couple years,
please contact me off list.  I've got a network security survey that would take no longer than 3
minutes to fill out and we could call it even.  Thanks ;-)

Alex

Regards,

Alex Lanstein
Network/Systems Architect