FACULTYTALK Archives

February 2010

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Mary Donnelly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 2010 10:32:31 -0500
The number that jumps out at me is the lower end. Note the disparity right from the beginning in terms of the percentage  of females who start as instructors.
Mary Ann

Mary Ann Donnelly
Professor Emeritus
Le Moyne Colege
Syracuse, New York

315-445-4432
>>> "Petty, Ross" <[log in to unmask]> 02/25/10 9:32 AM >>>
We just completed a study of college and professional academic service (not consulting) here at Babson and found that women faculty tend to do significantly more service than men.  And of course service  is not recognized as much as research in determining both annual salary increases and promotion.

Ross D. Petty

Professor of Marketing Law

Zwerling Family Term Chair

Babson College